June 2 will be our start to our official season!
We will ski Tuesday/Thursdays from 6pm->dusk and Sundays from 7am-10am. We may also bring on Saturday morning skiing as well, but we need to iron out some more details. The Webster Board of Health has been notified of our plan and has signed off on it. We are also notifying the Webster PD to give them a heads up as well that we are doing things ‘by the book’.
Now here is where it gets a bit tricky – to meet state/town mandates, we can only have 10 people on site at a time. To fix this, we will do “Split squad” skiing when we have over 10 people – splitting between Point Breeze Marina and Linda’s house on Union Point. We will have drivers and safety officers at both places. If we get above 20 skiers a night, we will figure that out as we go. . . (Thank you Linda!)
To manage this – we are adding an RSVP system for signups on the website. Dates will be posted on a “calendar” system here:
The first week of signups are here:
I’ll be adding the rest of the dates soon. We do hope this 10 person per site rule gets lifted once Mass enters Phase 2 of reopening. We ask that people do plan ahead and RSVP and not just “show up”. If you do “show up” you might have to wait in your car or drive to the alternate location if one spot is filled.
To keep everyone safe and to meet state/local restrictions – our COVID plan is the following:
1) Prior to the start of any activity, participants (athletes, judges, officials, boat drivers) will be asked if anyone is feeling sick or has been around anyone who has been sick within the last 14 days. If anyone answers “YES” to these questions they should not attend the event. If someone at an event starts to show signs or symptoms, they should notify the event organizer and/or event safety official and immediately leave the premises.
2) Keep “groups” of skiers to 10 or less.
5) All Club equipment wiped down after use (skis/etc).
6) Only the skier going out should be on the starting dock. Skiers coming in should be dropped away from the starting points. BE READY TO SKI, have your jacket and ski ready to go when its your turn to keep things moving!
7) No “doubles” or “show” skiing – we will have only one skier behind the boat at a time.
DUES MUST BE PAID AND USA WATER SKI MEMBERSHIPS ACTIVE before you can ski. We have been lax with getting dues in this season due to the uncertainty of COVID, but now we need to get people to pay dues so we have a headcount. Beginning in June we will start to market the club more online to fill any additional “spots” we have open to the public. If you want to ski and ‘hold your spot’ we need your dues paid. We are capping memberships at 40, and I think especially this year its somewhat important we do so.
Dues can be paid online via the website – http://ryand14.sg-host.com/
Thank you all, we are looking forward to a GREAT season