About the Webster Water Ski Collective
The Webster Water Ski Collective is a USA Water Ski affiliated ski club that was founded in 2019 when three friends just got together and wanted to ski and help others ski simply for the fun of it, no drama, not politics – just go and have a good time. Over that first season, we grew to over 30 skiers and formally incorporated into a USA Water Ski affiliated club and 501(c)3 non profit in 2020.
In 2020, we grew to over 70 members and added our Glen Echo site in Charlton to our Collective. 2020 also saw the formation of our Adaptive Ski Program, the only such program in Massachusetts, that hosts disabled members of our community to ski with us. Our Adaptive Ski Program stated with humble beginnings but has grown immensely over the past three seasons where we now host multiple events during the summer across multiple ponds in Central Massachusetts. In 2022 we reached our goal of pulling over 100 disabled members of our community through our events across five different lakes and met a lot of wonderful people in the process.
Our club has the most fun doing good on the water. We are pleased to have raised over $25,000 that has gone back to the National Brain Tumor Society and Webster-Dudley Food Share via our annual Swaterski events and we are always looking to do more with our community and share our love of skiing!
- All of our instructors, drivers, and safety personal are USA Water Ski certified.
- Yearly dues are $175 with family discounts and non-skiier memberships available.
- We ski from Point Breeze Marina in Webster, and Glen Echo Lake in Charlton Mass.
- Official season is June-> August, with an extended pay-per-ski season starting in the spring and continuing through late fall (weather permitting).
- Our Adaptive Ski Program is always looking for new volunteers and typically host four major events a season across Central Massachusetts, often partnering with other ski clubs.
- We plan on having clinics in the off-season and also during the ski season for those that wish to get certifications in the sport.
- We do offer one-on-one instruction, just ask! We love making new skiers!
- We encourage all types of skiing and water sports including wake-boarding, hydrofoiling, show skiing and three-event skiing.
- We have a growing three-event tournament team that will be competing in local tournaments in 2023!